1. Where is the leasing office?
    1. 9 Chatham Court, Portland CT 06480
  2. What are your Hours of Operation?
    • Monday 8:30-4:30
    • Tuesday 8:30-4:30
    • Wednesday 8:30-12:00
    • Thursday 8:30-4:30
    • Friday 8:30-1:30
      • Closed for lunch 12-1 every day
  3. What to do I do if I lose a key to my apartment?
    • Call Libby Johnson at 860-342-1688 ext 110 to order new one
  4. How much does it cost to replace a key to my apartment or card to laundry room?
    • Each key is $15.00 – only check or money order is accepted
  5. When are the Board Meetings?
    • The Board Meetings are every third Wednesday of the month in the Community Center at 9 Chatham Court, Portland, CT 06480 or at the Community Center at Quarry Heights. Location announced in the agenda.
  6. What do I do if someone parks in my parking spot?
    • Do NOT call the office. Call D&L Towing at 860-828-3186
  7. How can I pay my rent?
    • Only checks and money orders are accepted. Please make sure that your address is listed, along with your name.
  8. Where do I pay my rent?
    • Rent payments can be mailed to 9 Chatham Court, Portland, CT 06480 or placed in the dropbox outside of the leasing office or the dropbox in the community center at Quarry Heights
  9. Rent Payment Policy
    • Rent is due by the 1st of the month. A $ 30.00 late fee is assessed on the 11th of the month.
    • Other charges in addition to rent must be paid within 30 days in order to avoid other accrued charges.
  10. What is the Office Holiday Schedule for 2019-2020 season? The office will be closed on the following days:
    • Tuesday January 1st
    • Monday January 21st
    • Monday February 18th
    • Friday April 19th
    • Monday May 27th
    • Thursday July 4th
    • Monday September 2nd
    • Monday October 14th
    • Monday November 11th
    • Thursday November 28th
    • Friday November 29th
    • Tuesday December 24th
    • Wednesday December 25th
    • Tuesday December 31st
  11. What is Reasonable Accommodation?
    • A reasonable accommodation is a change, adaptation, or modification to a policy, program, service, or workplace which will allow a qualified person with a disability to participate fully in a program, take advantage of a service, or perform a job. Reasonable accommodations may include, for example, those which may be necessary in order for the person with a disability to use and enjoy a dwelling, including public and common use spaces. Since persons with disabilities may have unique needs due to their disabilities, in some cases, simply treating persons with disabilities exactly the same as others may not ensure that they have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling.
  12. How do I obtain a Reasonable Accommodation Form?
    • You can obtain a Reasonable Accommodation form at the Leasing Office located at 9 Chatham Court, Portland CT 06480
  13. How do I apply for housing?
    • You can pick up an application for housing at the Portland Housing Authority, 9 Chatham Court, during normal business hours. We suggest you call first at 860-342-1688 X110. You may also download an application off our website.
  14. How long is the waitlist for housing?
    • The waitlist for each site varies, and it is impossible to give anything but an estimated amount of time. It is best that you ask this question at the time you return your application so we can try to give you an estimated answer based on the current waiting list.
  15. What waiting lists are currently open?
    • All Elderly and Disabled, Public Housing waiting lists are open.
    • Section 8 is currently closed.
  16. How do I put in a work order?
    • All routine work orders must be called into the office during normal business hours.
  17. What do I do if I have an emergency after office hours?
    • Call the Emergency Maintenance line at 860-519-3251.
  18. Other charges in addition to rent
    • These must be paid within 30 days of the charge. If not paid within the 30 days other charges may apply.
  19. What do I do if I know I’m moving?
    • Complete a 30 day Notice to Vacate. You can find this notice on our website under form/policies or visiting the office during normal business hours.