HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE TOWN OF PORTLAND
The position will serve as the chief administrator of the Housing Authority of the Town of Portland (PHA) and reports directly to the Board of Commissioners. The candidate is responsible for all daily operations of the Housing Authority to ensure programs are being effectively and efficiently administered in conformance with agency Housing Authority Policy, State DOH and Federal HUD regulations, local ordinances and applicable Fair Housing regulations, State, Federal and Local laws and ensure their mandated compliance.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following:
- Accountable for the effective direction and management of the PHA and its portfolio of 48 federally subsidized family units, 53 Connecticut Housing Finance Authority managed units, 69 Housing Choice Vouchers, and 17 Project-based vouchers.
- Responsible for establishing annual and long term goals and objectives for the organization and the implementation of policies, plans and financial resources to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Takes legal action under the direction of the Board subject to the policies and procedures adopted by the Board. Negotiates contracts and makes purchases according to procedures approved by the Board.
- Monitors staff performance and provides feedback, utilizing performance appraisals and disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Will have the care and custody of all funds of the Authority and shall oversee the deposit of these funds in the name of the Authority.
- Oversees the regular books showing receipts and expenditures and shall render to the authority at each regular meeting or as requested by the Board an account of the transactions and the financial condition of the Authority.
- Prepares Management Plans, Capital Financial Plans and budgets, operating statements and submits regular reports as required by the Board of Commissioners.
- Pursues other avenues in an effort to diversify the portfolio and increase revenue resources.
- Six year’s experience in the field of property management, facility compliance and State and Federal environmental regulations. A B.S. degree may substitute for up to two years’ experience; a Master Degree may substitute for three years of experience.
- Must have working knowledge of fiscal management, maintenance systems and personnel administration management of housing.
- Certification as a Public Housing Manager from HUD approved organization or comparable experience and proven ability in a like complex organization.
- Experience working with public officials as well as interacting with a diverse Public Housing Agency.
- Required to be available 24/7 to respond to emergencies.
- Excellent written communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide proactive, creative leadership in a regulatory environment. Competence in personal computer skills.
- Experience in budget development and monitoring fiscal management and public relations along with knowledge of operational and capital planning and budget management.
- Acts as Secretary to the Board of Commissioners for purpose of their Board Meetings.
This is a full-time position. Salary to commensurate with skills and experience.
Please respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By close of business
Friday November 22, 2019